Work at WYES
JOB TITLE: Corporate Underwriting Representative
REPORTS TO: Vice-President of Development
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
Successful sales professional who can communicate the value of public television. Responsibilities include cultivating and soliciting corporate support from businesses and agencies for our programming, local and national productions, web and magazine. Prospects new leads and grows existing accounts while complying with PBS/FCC underwriting guidelines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work as a team with station management to maximize corporate underwriting for WYES
- Responsible for the research of WYES programs, series and events and develops presentations and proposals for underwriting prospects.
- Identify corporate leaders’ interests, set up meetings, discuss and sell underwriting for WYES programs and events.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current accounts while developing new business.
- Prepare contracts, discuss terms and obtain signatures.
- Achieve rigorous financial goals
- Work with clients and WYES staff to ensure underwriting language meets the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) guidelines.
- Work with WYES staff to ensure proper placement of underwriter’s logos and spots
- Establish and maintain trade agreements between WYES and selected businesses.
- Attend community events to meet potential clients.
- Participate in WYES events.
- Maintain file of current, potential and past underwriters
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience in media.
- Word and Excel proficiency.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic self-starter to sell public television to businesses and foundations.
- Team player who is detail-oriented
- Exceptional proofreading and research skills
Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.