In the summer of 2010, the Jefferson Chamber Foundation Academy opened its doors to students who either dropped out of school or who were at-risk of dropping out .
The JCFA is one program in the community offering an alternative approach to students to help them stay in school and achieve a diploma.
View these reports to learn more about the Jefferson Chamber Foundation Academy, its students and graduates:
- REPORT 1: American Graduate: JCFA Students Made It Happen
- REPORT 2: American Graduate: What JCFA Offers to Students
WWNO American Graduate Reports
- WWNO REPORT 1: Pushouts - In this report, Dr. Andre Perry looks at the issue of pushouts which describes kids who are leaving the school system but it’s not necessarily their choice.
- WWNO REPORT 2: Incarceration – Louisiana incarcerates more people per capita than any other state. Ironically, schools contribute directly to this dubious distinction. The phrase, “school-to-prison pipeline,” describes how schools convey students directly into the criminal justice system through “zero-tolerance” policies that criminalize mundane school infractions.
- WWNO REPORT 3: Linkages – Louisiana and New Orleans’ historic high incarceration and expulsion rates have created a desperate need for linkages between non-traditional educational providers and criminal justice systems.