JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
WYES-TV, Channel 12, is our local PBS television station. The Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive, confidential support and assistance to the President/Chief Executive Officer. The position acts as the liaison between NETA (outsourced human resources and outsourced accounting personnel) and staff. The position interacts with, and supports, the Board of Trustees as needed. The candidate must be organized, courteous and have the ability to multi-task.
• Perform administrative and clerical duties in a timely manner.
• Track and manage local, state, CPB (Corporation for Public Broadcasting), FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and PBS compliance and reporting.
• Collaborate with other departments and enhance communications.
• Interact in-person, by telephone and electronically with the public, staff and board of directors, in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
• Draft letters, memos, and official correspondence for signature by the President.
• Anticipating the support needs of the President is essential. This includes providing assistance in maintaining calendars and daily schedule.
• Responsible for preparing packets for and attending the Board of Trustees and Committee meetings. Record minutes, maintain files, calendar, membership lists and provide administrative support.
• Submit expense reports, as needed.
• Work as the liaison with NETA Accounting and Human Resources to provide data and responses as needed. This is not an accounting position, but basic accounting knowledge would be helpful.
• Assist in providing job descriptions, placing ads, setting up interviews, orienting new hires, and off-boarding employees.
• Review benefit offerings with staff and new hires and provide NETA with required data.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum three years of secretarial/administrative assistant experience.
• Comprehensive computer skills, including all Microsoft Office products.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent proofreading and research skills.
• Must be detail oriented with exceptional organization skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
WYES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Position open until filled
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE