WORK AT WYES
VICE PRESIDENT OF MEDIA PRODUCTION & TECHNOLOGY
WYES-TV, the PBS station serving New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana, is seeking a Vice President of Media Production & Technology. WYES-TV, with over 60 years of service to the community as the regions educational station and historic storyteller, looks to expand its media production capabilities of high quality original content on both broadcast and digital distribution platforms.
Reports to the President & CEO as part of the senior management team and works closely with the Executive Vice President and COO. Manages the day to day operations of the production department along with coordination of the production pipeline for all current and planned projects. Oversees all production staff as well as contract production services acquired to insure the quality and timely production of all local media including creative promotional and fundraising video media for WYES in conjunction with the Communications, and Development departments. Serve as senior/consulting editor on all projects and oversee acquisition and training on all production related technology.
A strong background and hands on expertise in media production and digital content creation and manipulation, including acquisition, editing, and post production.
Demonstrated effective communications, teambuilding and leadership skills.
Creative thinking is essential in not only the content creation area, but also in the management and leadership of production staff and timelines.
Ten years experience in media production and content creation.
Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communications, Broadcast, Television, Film or related field.
Apply online at www.louisianaworks.net/hire/. Job # 785906. Only completed state applications with work history will be accepted.
WYES-TV is a EEO/ADA Employer.
The below job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable sales and federal laws.
CORPORATE SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Successful sales professional who can communicate the value of public television. Responsibilities include cultivating and soliciting corporate support from businesses and agencies for our programming, local and national productions, web and magazine. Employee must seek new leads and grows existing accounts while complying with PBS/FCC underwriting guidelines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Work as a team with station management to maximize corporate underwriting for WYES
- Responsible for the research of WYES programs, series and events and develops presentations and proposals for underwriting prospects.
- Identify corporate leaders’ interests, set up meetings, discuss and sell underwriting for WYES programs and events.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current accounts while developing new business.
- Prepare contracts, discuss terms and obtain signatures.
- Achieve rigorous financial goals
- Work with clients and WYES staff to ensure underwriting language meets the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) guidelines.
- Work with WYES staff to ensure proper placement of underwriter’s logos and spots
- Establish and maintain trade agreements between WYES and selected businesses.
- Attend community events to meet potential clients.
- Sell sponsors to and participate in WYES events.
- Maintain file of current, potential and past underwriters
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior sales experience (media sales preferred)
- Word and Excel proficiency.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic self-starter to sell public television to businesses and foundations.
- Team player who is detail-oriented
- Exceptional proofreading and research skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
WYES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply at www.louisianaworks.net/hire/ Job # 786392
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WYES-TV is a EEO/ADA Employer.