If you are at least 70½ you can now make tax-free gifts directly from your IRA to Idaho Public Television as a Qualified Charitable Distribution.
That way, your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) won’t be taxable income, but WILL make a difference! It’s a smart way to not only enjoy tax savings but also support the value of public television.
Here’s How It Works:
- You must be 70½ or older to make an IRA rollover gift to a public charity, like WYES.
- You can give up to $100,000 from your Traditional or Roth IRA.
- Instruct your plan administrator to send a specific dollar amount directly to WYES.
- Notify us of your intent to give by sending a copy of your completed request to email@example.com
or mail to: WYES at 916 Navarre Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70124
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Each dollar of your donation will count towards your required minimum distribution for the year.
- You can exclude up to $100,000 of this gift from your Federal gross income – resulting in lower taxable income and possible tax savings
- You will have the personal satisfaction of doing more for our community.
- Please consult with your financial advisor about your particular tax situation.
Tip: This tax savings is especially valuable to donors who are non-itemizers and donors who have reached their limit on itemized charitable deductions. Idaho Public Television is not a tax advisor. To maximize the benefit of your specific gift, please contact a professional tax or financial advisor.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL OR TAX ADVICE. FOR SUCH ADVICE, PLEASE CONSULT AN ATTORNEY OR TAX ADVISOR.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
WYES President & CEO Robin Cooper at (504) 486-5511 x 294 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.